SACRED EARTH MEDICINE CEREMONIAL CACAO
This A-Grade Ceremonial Cacao is brought to you direct from Peru. Using only the finest Criollo beans, the cacao paste from the crushed bean is poured into moulds and sold to you as packaged bars. 100% pure and organic - nothing added, nothing taken away. Just the pure, solidified paste of the organic Criollo bean.
The Criollo bean is rare and prized - making up less than 5% of the world's cacao production.
Benefits of Cacao:
- Opens your Heart Chakra to help you release emotional blocks and impediments; to enable you align with your true nature, so you may embody more compassion and empathy for yourself and others;
- Sustained energy for 4 to 5 hours;
- Ability to hold yourself in alignment while the world carries on around you;
- Strengthening and deepening of spiritual and creative practices, such as mediation, yoga, shamanic journeying, writing, dance, music, energy healing etc.
- Mood balancer - releases feel good brain chemicals such as serotonin, dopamine, endorphins, dopamine and the 'love chemical', phenylethylamine;
- Many wellness, organ and digestive benefits;
- Packed with flavonoids which are a group of plant metabolites thought to provide wellness benefits through cell signalling pathways and antioxidant effects;
- Curbs hunger cravings.
- Use every day for its calming, soothing benefits.
- Use as part of your wellness regime.
- Use before meditation or kundalini yoga for a deeper connection and mind purification.
- Use for inspiration when working on a creative project.
- Use for clarity when considering a change in life direction.
- Use before a women's circle, energy healing or as part of a sacred cacao ceremony.
Used for a wide variety of benefits, the effect of the cacao will depend on the strength of the drink:
8-10g Dreaming Dose - Perfect for lucid dreaming. Take when waking in the middle of the night, particularly between 3am and 4am.
25g Creative Dose - Perfect for inspirational creative work for writing, dance, music or artwork.
35g Yoga Dose - Perect for yoga, meditation and greater energy during light exercise.
45g Ceremonial Dose - Perfect for Cacao Ceremonies, Energy Healing and Meditation.
57g Full Shamanic Dose - Amazing for shamanic journeying and deep meditation.
What is Ceremonial Cacao?
In order to qualify for cermonial use, the Cacao can only come from the finest, organic Criollo bean. What cacao producers throw away becomes the chocolate we find on the supermarket shelves! Many factors go into creating a ceremonial grade of cacao, such as the energy of the land, the microclimate, the farming techniques and production methods are also essential elements. Then there's the energy, wisdom, intention and love of the farmers and obvious pride they have in their product.
Weigh desired dose of cacao and cut it, grate it or melt it in a pan over a medium heat with a little bit of water, almond, soy or rice milk. Stir into a paste. Using 100ml of liquid to every 25g of cacao, gradually add to the paste, stirring continuously.
Add spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, clove and chilli to taste. Some nut milks are quite sweet but add honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar if required. Vanilla is also a nice addition. Heat gently, stirring continuously. Remove before boiling.
Purists just use water and no sugar but half almond milk and half water is quite nice, with a natural sweet taste. Adding flavouring also brings to the body the benefits of those spices added. Avoid dairy and processed sugars.
Other Uses: Throw into a smoothie, put in raw cakes, make a chocolate mousse, raw chocolates or simply enjoy straight from the block. Ceremonial Cacao has citrus and fruity overtones that negate almost all of the bitterness, so it can be enjoyed on its own.
We suggest starting off with a 20g serving for your first few tastes and take three to four times before advancing to the ceremonial amount. Because of the stimulating and vasodilating effects of Ceremonial Cacao, if you have a condition or are on antidepressants, we recommend seeking advice before drinking cacao. Check your medications with your doctor or chemist before taking Ceremonial Cacao.
Ceremonial Cacao is ethically and sustainably sourced from a family run farm located in a powerful valley microclimate nestled between the Andes and the Amazon basin in Peru. The network of family run farms keeps production at sustainable levels whilst ensuring superior quality. This cacao is 100% pure criollo nativo bean (cacao chuncho) bio-dynamically grown on mature trees in the understory rainforest.